Is Pace For You?
Imagine getting your grades back on track, learning in a safe and supportive environment, and getting along better with friends and family. Pace is a place for you to put the past behind you and make a fresh start.
Here is what you can expect:
- Small classes where your teachers care about you and understand how girls learn best
- Counselors who will listen and help you achieve your goals
- Emotional support – if you are having a bad day, the staff and girls at Pace will help you through it
- A fun, engaging and positive learning environment
- Friendships that will last a lifetime
- Someone to turn to who knows and understands you
- The freedom to speak up without being judged
- Support in finding a job, applying to college and pursuing your future goals
- Leadership opportunities
If you or a girl you know has experienced challenges in their home or school environment, Pace can help.
Here are some of the most common experiences Pace helps girls overcome:
- School suspension or expulsion
- Academic underachievement
- Attendance concerns or truancy
- Involvement with law enforcement or the Department of Juvenile Justice
- Parent or sibling in prison or on probation
- Personal or family mental health struggles
- Suicidal thoughts
- Self-harm or mutilation
- Alcohol or drug use
- Aggression or anti-social behavior
- Family instability or conflict
- Domestic violence
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Runaway behavior
- Pregnancy or early initiation of sexual activity
At Pace, we know, that whether a girl has experienced academic or social obstacles, with the right support, each and every girl has the ability to thrive. If you or a girl you know is experiencing any of the above traumatic experience please reach out to Pace to see how we can help.