Women's Engagement Team
Thank you for your interest in The Women’s Engagement “WE” Team, a group of dedicated female leaders of our community who support the mission, vision and philosophy of Pace Center for Girls in Miami (Pace Miami). The WE Team comes together with our time, talents and treasures to enhance the work being done at Pace Miami around their culture of CARING, LEARNING, PURPOSE and RESULTS.
Pace Miami opened its doors to the Miami Community in 2014 and is an innovative prevention and intervention program that addresses the needs of Girls from the ages of 11-17, who have suffered trauma and consequently are failing in school or at risk of becoming involved in the Juvenile Justice system. The model is a holistic approach combining academic services and social services therefore offering small classroom instruction, one-on-one counseling, case management, health and wellness coaching and positive decision making. This model encourages the girls who are attending the program to find and use their voices and empowers them to realize their true and full potential.
Some of the activities for which they provide assistance and support include:
- Graduation Day which recognizes the girls who have completed both their middle school requirements and are moving up to high school and those who are graduating high school
- Back to School Supply Drive makes sure all the girls have the supplies needed for a successful school year
- Career Day is held monthly and, based on the interests and skills of the girls, speakers are brought in to share their career experiences
- Spirit Week takes place four per year providing the girls a chance to have fun while showing their Pace spirit
- Thanksgiving Celebration, a holiday meal held at the Center prior to Thanksgiving for the girls during which basic Thanksgiving food supplies are distributed
- Holiday Distribution and Celebration, held just before the December holiday recess during which gifts and other holiday related items are given to the girls
- Girls Speaker Series identifies speakers who motivate and uplift the girls
- Women’s Speaker Series is dedicated to educating members of the WE Team and other members of our community about the issues and challenges faced by the girls at Pace Miami to help them better understand the need for this program and their support
- Pace Morning Coffee or Happy Hour with friends and colleagues to introduce them to Pace Center for Girls
- Pace Annual events (Believing in Girls Luncheon, Mockingbird Event, Trivia Nights, etc.)
- Connecting Pace to Corporate and Community partners
- Fundraising for Pace
How can you become a member of the WE Team? Take a few minutes to complete the online application form below.
What are the expectations of a member of the WE Team?
- Serve on at least one committee
- Support the efforts of the other WE Team committees
- Participate in WE Team meetings
- Identify other members of the community who may be potential candidates for the WE Team and invite them to events
- If participating in activities with Pace Miami students a Level 2 Background Screening is required - Cost of $62.50 and results are valid for 5 years.
- Covid Restrictions (as of September 2021) – Masks are required at all in person events, follow all CDC guidelines, and only 3 volunteers are allowed at the center at one time with Pace Miami students.